Handyman contractor applications enable users to build and send invoices and contract estimates from their mobile devices in the field or at home. It helps you keep detailed records of your projects, including duration, budget management, instant payment processing, and financing, by enabling clients to pay you directly from the invoice.
What is handyman software?
Handyman software applications give business owners and their teams’ the practical invoicing tools to schedule, determine availability, build estimates, dispatch workers, track jobs, and manage payments. It provides the tools needed to promote growth and organize your business.
What Does a Handyman Do?
Who is he? A handyman is a person that is skilled in performing multiple upgrades, repairs, and maintenance services at a commercial and residential level.
The tasks completed by handypersons include but are not limited to:
- Drywall Repairs: Handypeople can help you repair cracks, holes, and dents in walls by sanding, patching, resurfacing, and repainting.
- Household Fixes: Includes repairs and replacements such as windows, trims, skirting boards, door frames, handrails, decks, and other fittings.
- Household Plumbing: repairing minor plumbing issues that don’t require licensed individuals, such as stopping leakages and changing taps.
- Painting: Not typically repainting an entire house, but they can help with resurfaced walls, frames, or new fitting that need to get painted.
- Home Maintenance: Some handymen can perform general home maintenance tasks, such as lawn mowing, gutter cleaning, and squeaky door fixing.
- Assembling Furniture: A handyman’s daily job is mounting and putting together flat-packed furniture. A handyperson can help you move or position furniture, including hanging mirrors and paintings.
3 Key Benefits of Handyman Invoicing and Estimating Applications
Professional handyman estimating and invoicing software is integral to successfully delivering your services regardless of how you organize your business.
The three key reasons include:
It Saves You and Your Client’s Time
You may have to revisit your records for tax management or resolving issues. Contractor application software enables users to generate unique identifiers with detailed info regarding each transaction. It makes order tracking and referencing much faster by helping you run your handyman business on the go. You can access client data instantly, create estimates, and send invoices from anywhere.
- Instant signatures and approvals via email and push communication
- Instant conversions of approved estimates to invoices
- Instant addition of new line items, like pricing and labor, to estimates
- Instant storage of customer contacts, including cloud backup management
It Promotes Professionalism
Applications enable you to modernize your sales process by providing digital process management and automation capacity for a better customer service experience.
Your billing process can impact your client’s experience. Consider how a well-articulated invoice can improve clarity and reduce billing queries. Your clients can view prices upon request, and you can outline accepted payment options to give customers more flexibility.
- Send and link business documents
- Help clients approve and sign invoices on the go
- Keep records of your handyworks
- Send service notifications and reminders
It Facilitates Faster Payments
Invoicing apps enable you to provide multiple payment options that are convenient for your customers to use. They help you get paid on time and increase cash flow by letting your clients select a preferred method.
For any business to unlock sustainable growth potential, it must receive complete payments fast. That is where professional estimation and invoicing apps come into play.
- Help clients make payments directly from invoices
- Help you make deposit requests as work approaches completion
- Integrate custom payments and scheduling on invoice dates
- Facilitate online credit, debit, and payment tracking
Top 5 HandyEstimation and Invoicing Apps For Handymen
Implementing the correct estimating and invoicing process can help your business’s revenue generation by giving your customers everything they need to engage, register, query, communicate and pay your business.
The Top Handyman Software applications you should know include:
Joist Handyman App
Joist focuses on its mission to make contractors service delivery heroes. It provides a web platform and a downloadable mobile application for job estimating, data recording, invoicing, project management, and payment processing.
What are the advantages of using Joist?
- It effectively prepares and helps with submissions for field estimates
- It is an effective tool for construction and different handy work
- It simplifies the generation of estimates and invoices with user-friendly interfaces
- You can send electronic estimates for approval
What are the disadvantages of using Joist?
- It uses a chat system for communication, which may be too slow when you need immediate support.
- Some users have found it challenging to use and understand because it doesn’t track billing percentages.
- It only searches by name and not by address, phone number, or email.
ServiceTitan is a top-notch all-in-one software application for handyman service providers. It helps improve sales, increase team performance, and generate real-time insights.
What are the advantages of using Service Titan?
- It provides excellent customer services tools for experience improvement
- Support is helpful and efficient
- It is user-friendly for both office and field users. It has a seamless interface.
- It is a cloud-based application that users can access remotely
What are the disadvantages of using Service Titan?
- Some users have experienced delayed system synchronization, which has affected customer experience.
- Some users may find the onboarding process daunting
- Some users have reported multiple bugs
The primary features of this invoicing application include scheduling, estimates, invoices, client relationship management (CRM), E-mail, field customization, cloud storage, and inventory and asset management.
It is ideal for businesses and industries such as plumbing, appliance repair, installations and fittings, heating & air conditioning/HVAC, handyman and home cleaning, landscaping, electrical services, movers, and more.
What are the advantages of using Scheduling Suite?
- It has efficient contact, appointment, and payment data organization which you can access remotely
- It is fast and user-friendly
- It features all your daily needs and integrations
- It has cloud storage for remote access and transparency
- The development team is agile in helping users improve functionality
- It is fully customizable to suit your business needs
What are the Disadvantages of using Scheduling Suite?
- It is not designed explicitly for specific categories. But you can workaround its flexibility.
It is a web-based application built for everyday field service operations. Users can seamlessly schedule and manage business processes, including account tracking and reporting.
Planado enables businesses to maintain high-quality services and scale with ease.
It simplifies fieldwork by making operations visible and helping you optimize how you monitor work performance by letting you deal with issues effectively. Businesses can make quick dispatches and update schedules in real-time with the necessary support.
It is ideal for Field Service Management.
What are the advantages of using Planado
- It enables users to improve customer services and communicate on the go. Planado streamlines fieldwork to help save time on tasks.
- It provides checklist capabilities and flexible schedules. This helps users to maintain high-quality work output and prevent revenue loss.
- Simple user interface
- It enables efficient re-routing of workers.
- It provides effective tracking and reporting features.
- It provides instant notification for all parties involved.
What are the disadvantages of using Planado?
- The integrations could use deeper bundling with accounting apps such as QuickBooks.
What is Hero Software?
HERO Software is a cloud-based software with mobile app for craftsmen and service professionals. It connects people, applications, and devices through a unified platform to help companies build quality projects and offer quality service to homeowners. HERO Software lets businesses manage their sales, projects, marketing, and back office through one easy-to-use SaaS solution.
HERO is suitable for craft businesses like HVAC, plumbers, roofers, and electricians. It’s also used as software for field service management and construction.
What are the advantages of using Hero?
- It has a very user-friendly interface, and it’s pretty intuitive.
- It provides training videos to help you quickly pick up the software.
- It’s easy to use with multiple integrations and providers.
- It has lower costs (weekly. Not monthly).
- It improves client booking processes and makes customer service more efficient.
What are the disadvantages of using Hero?
- It is a bit challenging when you want to cancel extended bookings.
- The only regret some users have is not implementing the app earlier.
- Some people may still find it confusing because of the extensive requirements.
- You cant call customer support instantly, and live chats give delayed responses.
- Support is slow when operating across timezones
- Handling refunds can be frustrating
Top note pad is a free all-in-one estimating and invoicing application that helps users manage services. It enables handypersons to personalize services and increase efficiency.
The app provides a free channel for ensuring workload efficiency and optimization. You can send and receive critical information related to invoicing and accurate cost estimation, and payment terms.
It provides high-level interactions to help with prospective clients management. Including existing client, accounts. This notepad enables you to record logs of each transaction. This includes tracking rendered services and facilitating seamless communication when serving your clients.
It is a cloud-based CRM built to simplify invoicing, and business accounting for handypeople.