Certified Information System Auditor, i.e., CISA® is a well-known and recognized professional certification issued by ISACA. CISA certification signifies the competency and expertise of a candidate in various fields like IT Audit, IT Risk Management, IT Security, etc. CISA®-certified candidates have a strong set of auditing skills quran tajweed classes online.
If you are also planning to take up this certification, then it is important to know all about the exam. This article covers all that you need to know about the CISA® exam and certification along with some tips to crack the exam on the first attempt.
What is CISA® Certification?
CISA® certification is one of the globally recognized certifications that signify the abilities of candidates in IT fields. Being one of the most popular certifications, CISA provides various career opportunities to candidates.
Now, there are several reasons to acquire this certification. Let us have a look at those reasons!
- The certification confirms the expertise and knowledge of the candidate in Information Security.
- The certification shows that you have gained and maintained the level of knowledge to meet the dynamic challenges of the organization.
- CISA certification provides a competitive advantage over others in job growth.
- Since CISA is a globally recognized certification, it serves as a mark of excellence for IT professionals.
- A candidate having the CISA® certification is prioritized over the non-certified candidates.
Having known the benefits of CISA, let us look at how we can excel in the CISA exam and gain certification!
Tips to Pass the CISA® Exam in the First Attempt
In order to gain the CISA® certification, a candidate has to excel in the exam. The CISA® Exam consists of 150 questions and the duration of the exam is four hours. The exam questions are in the form of MCQs and the grading for the exam is done on a scale of 200 to 800. To excel in the exam, one needs to gain at least 450 marks.
Have a look at some tips below to crack this exam with ease.
- Study Official Coursebooks
To pass the exam, one needs to stick to the official course books suggested by ISACA. This official book will contain all the topics covered that might be asked in the CISA® exam. Two of the important books are the CISA review manual and CISA requirements. These books will help one qualify for the exam on the first attempt. Study these books thoroughly because passing the CISA® exam is not an easy task!
- Take Prep Mock Exams and Practice Tests
To prepare for the exam efficiently, one needs to take practice tests and mock exams to understand how the CISA® exam will be! Many mock and practice tests are available on the official website of ISACA. Take these self-assessment tests to have a fair idea of the type of questions you can get in the examination. You will also get to know your weak areas. Further, you can make a strategic study plan to work on those weak concepts.
- Create a Study Plan
As mentioned in the above point, a strategic study plan can help one strengthen their weak areas. Interestingly, the CISA® exam assesses the candidates in five domains. These domains will be covering various areas and subjects.
- Protection of Information Assets
- Information Systems Operations & Business Resilience
- Information Systems, Development, Acquisition, & Implementation
- Information System Auditing Process
- Governance and Management of IT
In order to pass the exam, a candidate has to study all those topics thoroughly. Well, a study plan will help one out in this. Following a proper study plan will help the candidates cover each and every topic, thereby completing the syllabus on time. As a result, ample time will be left for revision, and this will ultimately lead to passing the exam in the first attempt.
- Join Study Groups
The study groups are an excellent way to connect with people having the same goal. These groups allow one to share their knowledge with the community and benefit from what they have gained. People who have cleared the CISA® exam are always in such study groups. They share their knowledge and experiences that can help the candidates acquire information regarding common CISA subjects and topics. By studying those topics, candidates will easily excel in the examination on the first attempt.
- Use ISACA Resources
ISACA’s official publications always help CISA aspirants to study for the exam. CRM is a comprehensive guide by ISACA which is specifically created to help the candidates appearing for the CISA® exam. Every year the book is updated to help candidates acquire the latest knowledge of the topics and subjects.
Another ISACA popular resource book is the CISA Review Questionnaire. The book comprises 1000 MCQs that help the candidates understand the structure and pattern of the exam. The books are available on the official website. Candidates can download these books to study accordingly for the exam.
Along with these tips, here are some additional tips as well. Have a look!
- Make notes so that you understand complex concepts easily. These notes will help at the time of revision as well.
- Once you are confident that you have understood all the CISA concepts, make use of ISACA books to practice whatever you have learned.
- Thoroughly read and understand the IS Audit Standards and Guidelines.
- Try visualizing the concepts on which you will be tested in the exam. While studying the CISA review questions, think of yourself as an IT auditor. This will help you in preparing for the exam by making you understand each and every concept better.
Take note of all these tips, study accordingly, and you will easily be able to pass the exam. The CISA® exam is hard to crack. Therefore, a candidate has to put in the effort and hard work to cover each and every topic thoroughly.
Let us now look at how one can become a CISA® certified professional after passing the exam.
How to Become a CISA® Certified Professional?
In order to get the CISA® certification, a candidate has to follow certain steps. These steps are as follows.
- If you have a knack for IT, Auditing, security, etc., then register for the Cyber Security certifications, such as CISA.
- Get enrolled in any of the top cyber security courses and learn all the essential concepts in its training program.
- After passing the exam, apply to acquire the CISA® certification.
- Keep on following the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) to become proficient in auditing, controlling, and IT security.
Employment Opportunities for CISA Certified Professionals
CISA professionals are highly valued by organizations. They are provided jobs in various roles like auditing, security, managing IT systems, etc. Both private and public organizations hire these professionals and offer them higher salaries as compared to non-certified professionals.
Below is the list of job roles for CISA professionals. Have a look!
- IT Auditor
- Senior IT Auditor
- Information Technology Manager
- Information Security Auditor
- Cyber Security Professional
- Internal Auditing Manager
- Audit Manager
- Internal Audit Director
There is a huge demand for CISA®-certified professionals not only in India but overseas as well. Every company requires these professionals for the smooth and error-free running of the business. The candidates are provided with high-paid salaries that make CISA a lucrative career path.
Now, in order to gain the CISA® certification, one can enroll in the CISA® training course. In this course, the candidates will learn the fundamentals of systems audit. Candidates will acquire real-world skills that will boost their careers in Cyber Security. They will also learn the ways of controlling and protecting complex systems through security audits.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply for the course today and acquire the necessary skills to give your career a great push!