Laminates have become a crucial part of designing the interior of your space. Fittingly, with time the technology of making laminates has advanced as well. A wide range of laminates is available- based on colours, textures and finishing. Decorative laminates like digital laminates, high-pressure laminates and colour laminates have changed the game.
We are here to tell you everything about the maintenance of high gloss laminates.
What is high gloss laminate?
High gloss finish laminates are popularly known as Piano finish. It is because true high gloss laminates look like shiny new pianos. High gloss laminates have strong reflective properties due to their shimmering clarity.
High Gloss Laminates are sleek-looking super-smooth surfaces that offer a hassle-free cleaning advantage. They provide that trendy, classy and yet smart outlook to your space that you have always coveted.
High gloss laminates are the most preferred choice regarding both interior and exterior decoration. The properties of this laminate include – high durability, abrasion and moisture resistance, bacteria resistance, easy installation, super-smooth finish, and cost-effectiveness. All these qualities make high gloss laminate exceptionally appropriate for multiple applications. High gloss laminates can be used in flooring, cabinets, wall panels, and even as kitchen countertops.
How to maintain the glow of high gloss laminates
One of the main reasons that people choose high gloss laminates is because it is easy to maintain as most of us have busy lives, which leaves very little time to put into household chores. All it takes is a little care, a bit of attention and a little commitment to maintaining it properly.
- High gloss laminate flooring is often used by home developers because it is easy to install, takes less time and is cost-effective. To maintain a high gloss laminate floor, either uses a vacuum cleaner or sweep it manually. Remove the dust or dirt carefully. To do so, use the various attachments of the vacuum cleaner. You must clean the baseboards and the space between the floorboards. This ensures the complete removal of dirt, dust and other abrasive materials.
- Cleaning the floor with a cotton mop, wet with lukewarm water, is also another option.
- The areas of high gloss laminates which are visibly dirty can be cleaned with a mixture of 4-part water and 1-part vinegar solution. You can use the solution on the affected area. Then wash it with a little water and dry it with a clean, soft, absorbent material.
- For sticker stains or marks, you can take a clean, soft cloth and dampen it with denatured alcohol or nail-paint remover.
- Another important point to remember here is- if you think that cleaning the high gloss floor with a lot of water, strong cleaning substance and hard rubbing will keep the surface squeaky clean, nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, the harsher you clean the floor, the quicker it will lose its shine and become dull.
High-gloss laminate sheets are used in the kitchen too. The main reason behind this is that high gloss laminate sheets are moisture-resistant. Even though they receive exposure to humidity and moisture, they prevent the kitchen from bacterial growth. Cleaning options for your cleaning To keep the kitchen laminates clean and well-maintained, here is what you can do –
- To clean the high gloss laminate surfaces, you can use melamine foam or even normal porous foams. But we would advise you to spray the foam on a damp sponge and then use it to clean. Afterwards, you should clean it with a soft clean cloth.
- Since we are talking about the kitchen, there is always going to be a grease spot. What works best for those stubborn greasy spots is- a mixture of dish soap and lukewarm water. Always try to use a sponge instead of any harsh medium.
- For general cleaning, it is always better to use a clean microfiber cloth.
- In case of spills, you should always attend to it immediately
Using high gloss laminate on furniture has always been a popular choice. Maintaining high gloss laminates on furniture is completely hassle-free. There are just a few things you need to keep in mind.
- Keep the laminated furniture away from sunlight. If it is not possible, then use ultra-violet filters in your window.
- to keep the furniture clean, simply use a dust mop to remove dust.
- If you find stains on your high gloss furniture, use nail-paint remover to clear it.
- Do not ever use any harsh material to clean the surface.
Royale Touché Laminates is India’s pioneering luxurious brand of the best kinds of laminates. With Royale Touché, you have access to premium quality laminates. Be it your office space or your home- laminates are the most popular choice at present, and Royale Touché Laminates has something every need.