AMERICAN VISA for Sweden Citizens

AMERICAN VISA for Sweden Citizens

AMERICAN VISA for Sweden Citizens

AMERICAN VISA for Swiss Citizens

As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, Swedish citizens are part of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) for the United States. This program allows eligible citizens of participating countries, including Sweden, to travel to the United States for tourism or business purposes for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa.

Under the VWP, Swedish citizens must apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) before traveling to the United States. Here are the steps to follow:

  1. Check eligibility: Ensure that you meet the requirements for the Visa Waiver Program. This includes having a valid Swedish passport, intending to stay in the U.S. for 90 days or less, and traveling for tourism, business, or certain other purposes.
  2. Apply for ESTA: Visit the official ESTA website ( and complete the online application. Provide accurate and detailed information about yourself, your travel plans, and your background. It’s advisable to apply for ESTA at least 72 hours before your departure to allow for processing.
  3. Pay the ESTA fee: Pay the required fee for the ESTA application, which can be done online during the application process. Payment can typically be made with a credit or debit card.
  4. Receive ESTA approval: Once you have submitted your ESTA application and payment, you will receive a response indicating whether your application has been approved, denied, or is pending. It’s recommended to print a copy of the approval notification for your records, although it’s usually not required for entry.
  5. Travel to the United States: With a valid ESTA approval, you can travel to the United States. Make sure to have your Swedish passport and the same passport used for the ESTA application with you. Upon arrival in the U.S., you will go through immigration and customs procedures.

Please note that the Visa Waiver Program and ESTA requirements may change over time. It’s always advisable to check the official U.S. government websites, such as the U.S. Department of State and the official ESTA website, for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding travel requirements for Swedish citizens.

You May Also Like

About the Author: John Lucas

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *